Retreat within the retreat!
This fourth exercise is designed especially for the times we are in right now. I do not know where in the world you are. Either way, this exercise is timeless, as are all the other free practices I have posted so far. They are all to bring forward your source of Inner Power and Serenity whenever and wherever you are.
I call it the retreat within the retreat because, especially now, many people are in lock-down and/or somehow experience restrictions to their life. This forced-upon “retreat” is or will be difficult for many, if not all, of us, at some point. There are considerable differences in how people are treated right now under the circumstances of the Coronavirus “pan-ic-demia” – depending on where on the planet you live. I have contact with my families in Europe/Scandinavia, where the “people-handling” is not as brutal.
I personally am stuck in South India since the big airlines stopped flying a while before government restrictions were put in place (because of profit!). Here in India, the confinements are heavy and beyond reasonable. I have close friends in the US, Mexico, and some other countries all over the world, so I got information first hand.
My personal opinion is that we should do both, be very observant about the narratives forced upon us, use your logic, intuition, and instinct as well!
BUT, make no mistake, if you are in a FEAR- or even PANIC- state, your intuition, your common sense, let alone your instinct can not be trusted.
When your fear response is triggered you DO NOT function; this is a fact. Simply said: Chemicals get fired by your Amygdala -a little area in your brain- whether you are personally in danger or just receive suggested danger!
The old fight-flight-freeze response is taking over, and you will either believe the fear narrative or whatever gets triggered in you. Or you might start self-numbing, shutting down, complacency (freeze-state).
This is why I urge you all to practice this and the other exercises!
We are all in this together, NOW is the time to turn things around!
I believe, now is the time that all these corrupt behaviors ad agendas that had been going on over decades gets more exposed than ever.
We have to take this momentum to make our lives more humane, liveable, and lovable again.
But now to the exercise!
Retreat within the retreat
- Sit quietly and peacefully by starting to take a few conscious in-breaths and out-breaths.
- Now imagine to become tiny, tiny, and project (or imagine) yourself into your head.
See this space in your head as a room to your liking (or a castle, a fortress, a sanctuary).
- Take a few minutes to get comfortable here – your room of Silence and Serenity, your Inner Castle!
- Once you feel this tranquility, you may notice that disturbing thoughts, images, or people pop up.
- This room for Retreat and Silence is yours only – nobody is allowed in there – not even your cat or dog!
- Be kind and friendly, but open a door (which is only to be opened from the inside) and tell the intruding being to leave. Whether it is a thought, a feeling, a person, the daily news, your spouse, cat, or neighbor.
- Notice that this command is loving and genuine, and it will be obeyed.
- Continue with this cleansing as long as necessary until you feel you are alone and in harmony, in silence and peace with all.
- This will happen very fast!
- Practice this exercise as often as possible and you will see, feel, and notice the benefit.
Use this inner place of silence daily, stay as long as possible and allow the insights about yourself and awareness to come through.
Let me know if it helps you, or if you need help with it!
Love and Kindness to All